Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In no particular order,Getting back the blogging spirit

Thanks to my friend Ali he remind me of my blog that I started it in February 2006
And for no specific reason I just stopped in February 2008, except for this post about gaza, but I noticed that this is normal cycle you start the blog some time just to have an idea or to know what blogging is, than you like it and you get all excited about and you start to post daily even think about what to post tomorrow than suddenly your posting start to decline to once a week once a month or you leave the whole thing or in some cases you even delete the whole blog.
Or you get back your blogging spirit and start again in my case deleting the blog never cross my mind I always wanted to get back and kept reading and browsing others blogs daily.

Now lets look back at what the major events in abu dhabi and globally that I missed blogging about.

In my personal view or my personal awareness I wanted to blog about number of things that happened in Abu Dhabi which are in no particular order

1- The national English-language daily newspaper, launched in Abu Dhabi, first, was published on April 17, 2008; it is different local newspaper different in very professional way I really enjoy reading it. Read it online here

2- New public beach on Abu Dhabi Corniche opened in July 2008 , it is beautiful beach and must visit tourist destination

3- new transportation in Abu Dhabi the silver taxi and the new bus network ,while it is good effort , but I still see queues of people waiting in the sun, often for up to an hour to get a taxi and I still think that the old gold color taxi should be in service along with the new one it will reduce the queues of people plus it is part of Abu Dhabi history.

4- Abu Dhabi Media Park " TwoFour54" established and started operation in october 2008.
To k now what this media park all about it is enough to look at some of their partner which include the BBC, Thomson Reuters Foundation, CNN, Financial Times, Random House and HarperCollins.
twofour54 is about placing companies and organisations at the heart of the Arab world and giving them the tools, the support and infrastructure to create the highest quality content to the highest possible standards. Official web site
.
5- The Global financial crisis
The most talked about subject now days but I am going to point you to very good article about the Meeting Industry in a Time of Economic Crisis read it here

"We solve problems best when we’re doing it together. That’s what meetings achieve, and why they therefore need to remain a priority even when it appears that the economic lights are going out! "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well welcome back!

Dina said...

Man, this is a very good post after the gap between Feb 2008 and Feb 2009.

Now we need something interesting after the gap from Feb 2009 to Feb 2010.

Hope life is treating you well and fair.

Love & Peace
Dina
Abu Dhabi

adevents said...

you r right Dina wow I never realized how long it is between posts I will do my best to write more but i looked in to ur blog also it seems that u stopped writing for some time now !! Why ? Keep on bloging thanks for the visit and have good days